Why donate wheelchairs, mobility aids and durable medical equipment?
There are a number of very good reasons why you should donate wheelchairs, mobility aids, durable medical equipment and your time or money to Wheels of Hope in support of our mission to raise the poor (with disabilities) from the dust and give them a place of physical dignity, spiritual restoration and capability in Christ. Some of those reasons are physical, some of them are spiritual, some are material – but they all make good sense! A few of them are listed below:
- In the Book of Genesis in the Hebrew Testament, God walks with Adam & Eve in the Garden and gives them dominion over all things. We as their descendants still have that charge upon us – to take care of the world that was given to us. In this age of shrinking landfill space and diminishing resources, why throw away gently-used wheelchairs, walkers, crutches and the like when they can be recycled and given to someone who has desperate need of them right now? Reduce – Reuse - Recycle!
- One of Jesus’ most endearing, wise and practical teachings was “to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” Or, in the non-King James language of today – “treat people the way you wish to be treated.” Think of all the battles, heartaches and tragedies that would have and still could be prevented if people followed this teaching of our Lord! If YOU found yourself unable to walk effectively – a necessary ability for transportation, food acquisition, employment, etc. – wouldn’t you want someone to give YOU the tools to get around in your physical world? Even if you have no used mobility equipment to donate, our warehouse in Canton, Ohio always has need of volunteers for cleaning & sorting donations, repairing wheelchairs and other mobility aids, and packing and unpacking shipments from contributors and to our third-world brothers and sisters awaiting our help.
- “The King will reply, “I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” Enough said!!!
- Since 1997, we’ve been a registered 501(C)3 tax-exempt non-profit in the United States of America. When you donate your financial resources to Wheels of Hope (link to: PayPal donations page), 100% of your donation is tax deductible, which means we benefit, our brothers and sisters in third-world countries benefit, and YOU benefit. Talk about a synergistic relationship!
If you have a used wheelchair or other mobility aids or related durable medical equipment
— such as collapsible walkers, rollators, bedside commodes or bath chairs, grab bars, or Physical Therapy equipment that you would like to donate, please e-mail our Operations Director, Patrick Rimke at email@example.com Wheelchair donations are greatly appreciated and always needed!
- We cannot pick up your equipment unless you live within 25 miles of the warehouse.
- Shipping a wheelchair can be costly. Contact us as we may be able to arrange pick-up through a partnering ministry near you.
- Please donate clean items. We do not have the resources to clean soiled items.
- Rusted or damaged items will be used for parts and the rest recycled by volunteers
- Emailing a photo of the items to our Operations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org in the process of arranging pick up or delivery is greatly appreciated.
- Email Patrick for directions and accommodations, should you wish to visit Wheels of Hope.
To raise the poor (with disabilities) from the dust and give them
a place of physical dignity,
spiritual restoration and
capability in Christ. —Psalm 113:7&8 | Phillippians
4:13 | Titus 3:4&5